Tuesday 9 June 2009

Anniversary

On Saturday the 6th June, it was our 24th wedding anniversary........wow how the time flies by. We decided to go out for the day.

After watching the D day remembrance service and shedding quite a few tears , we headed off to Sturminster Newton Dorset. There is a fabric shop there called Hansons which I hadn't been to before.......wow what a place they sell everything.....fabric, wool, sewing machines.......everything!

Mark kindly waited in the car and had a little snooze.....I was quite a while!

The drive was amazing, beautiful countryside everywhere and not far from Shaftsbury. Jane from Posy has often commented that it's a favourite place of hers and the view from Gold Hill is stunning. It was just time for lunch by the time we got there and a table for two with a view awaited us. We had the most wonderful lunch with chocolate cake and tea to follow and sat and watched the many people going down and coming up that hill!

More seemed to be going down than up.





I was lucky to get this photo with no one around...... the wind had got up.....the sun was behind the clouds and the air was quite chilly.



Shaftsbury is quite a quaint little place...very nice post office and a lovely florist shop.



This was one of my anniversary gifts not the real McCoy but fits in very well with my TG Green collection.



Another of my gifts.......a print from Syko.....I have wanted this picture for such a long time....I love it!



We had a lovely day....cant wait for the biggy next year!

No comments: