Monday 15 June 2009

Sunshine after the rain..

Today......reflections in the rain.


It always amazes me just how beautiful everything looks after the rain........the raindrops shining like diamonds....glistening in the sun.



I work at the local primary school as a teaching assistant and every now and again we have a book club chap who brings a selection of books for purchase. My magpie eyes were immediately drawn to this book. The colours work so well and the pictures are so temptingly mouthwatering!

Some of the recipes in this book are just so traditionally comforting, although I don't think that I ever remember my Dear Grandma making vegetable korma......... it's a nice book though and only £4...what a great bargain!

This chicken looks sooo yummy!!



Perfect for a day like today!








3 comments:

Rubyred said...

Hello and thanks for popping by my little blog, I shall bear hydrangeas in mind as they are very pretty, thank you for the advice.I see you went to the Vintage and Handmade fair too, wasn't it marvellous! Love your crochet, Gorgeous!
Rachel x

Sam said...

Very pretty blog!!!

Going for another look!

Samxx

Sam said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment!

Lovely granny squares!!

Samxx